Boareskyr Bridge was off of the Soubar on your own chart
- The new factions discuss the dragon hatchery regarding event step 3 from inside the Hoard and you can what is/should have started completed with the dragon eggs.
- The new council supplies the Personal computers good writ, providing them with “disaster investigative energies” plus supplies the council “oversight” more the things.
- A commendable titled Dala Silmerhelve has a lot to say, and for certain reasoning the girl boxed messages try pass on everywhere a few profiles. She discusses this new Draakhorn and Maccath the fresh new Dark red. Use the flavor text on the profiles 20, 24 and you can twenty five.
- Leosin enjoys located Varram this new White, individual of your light dragon hide.
I was to start with considering running The ocean off Swinging Frost earliest, nevertheless way more We read of occurrence step three, the greater amount of I favor it.
Frostskimmer therefore the forty Guards: Your PCs sail the sea on a boat searching for the dragon’s iceberg lair. There’s likely to be some encounters: 5 merrow, a few sea trolls (permitting me to use one of my favorite minis – the Pathfinder Sea Troll!) and a few squids. Think about the fact that you have 40 guards on the ship with an AC of 16, 11 hit points and a +3 to hit. Do you want to say they are all cowards, or that they are doing essential ship duties that prohibit them from fighting right away? Remember that according to the DMG, if NPCs join your PCs in a battle, they get an equal share of the XP.
Falling in water: The cold water is bad news! Don’t forget! DC 12 CON save, fail means the PC is on the exhaustion track (which is a neat little table in the PH on page 291).
Brand new Dungeon Floor try Cool: The slippery ice gimmick adds a lot to the dungeon, especially the upward and downward sloping that is all over the map. PCs will actually be glad they have climbers kits. Prepare yourself for a night full of people saying the word: “crampon”.
Maccath the new Deep red: Our mission is to snatch this wizard, Maccath the Crimson. She’s found fairly early in the dungeon. She wants the PCs to steal some books for her down below before leaving, but your PCs might just knock her out, charm wamba her, or whatever. The adventure says that if the PCs snatch her and sail away on the boat, the dragon flies after them and that the PCs are pretty much sitting ducks on that boat against the dragon with it’s breath weapon that does 54 cold damage! Plan for the various outcomes. Maybe foreshadow the doom by having the PCs pass by a ship sunk by the dragon or something.
Boareskyr Bridge are down because of the Soubar on your own map
- Frost Vortex: A snowflake one to explodes to the a cool vortex, undertaking fireball-style of damage.
- Icemelt: A spell that produces tunnels and you can room out of ice having zero melting or runoff.
- Wingbind: A net out of push that needs you to definitely creature and suppresses her or him from traveling.
Frozen Palace: If you are going to run Frozen Castle, you might want to run it right after this chapter. The crashed castle is right here in the Spine of the World. The heroes need to be 10th or 11th level. Episode 3: Dying into Wyrmspeakers (Varram)
The fresh new Travels off Waterdeep: Yep, we’re headed back down that caravan road again. You’re looking at a few weeks of travel. Take a look at page 181 in the Player’s Handbook. PCs traveling at a normal pace can cover 24 miles a day. We’re looking at about 2-3 weeks to go from Waterdeep to Boareskyr. Then it’s a few days from Boareskyr to the Serpent Hills.